Sunday, April 01, 2007

THE FULL MOON


It’s a full moon night today. You would say what’s new in it. Yeah nothing new in it but ask those two people and they would, with a startling glare in their eyes, a derisive smile on their face and a flutter in heart, say, “It’s a Full Moon Night Today”.

For years I had this strange connection with the full moon. Just the look of it would make me feel connected to her. She knew this. Rather she felt the same way. Not sure though. A connection: an attachment, a bonding, a smile, a stare, wordless, speechless, breathless, nimble…. (Chuckle).
You know connections are a great thing rather strange thing, they make you feel blessed, they make you feel stressed, they make you feel great, they break you into tears, they give meaning and they demean themselves. Connections are a momentary thing, in a moment you realize you have something to do with that other soul and in a moment everything shatters to pieces. It takes years to bring up a castle of your dreams and it takes just a second to bring it down. How Momentary!!

The full moon makes me nostalgic but there is no one to soothe me down, pacify me, allay my fears and apprehensions and assuage me of a better future. I’m vulnerable and few species on earth would definitely know that. I thought a Smile Would Win Over Everyone, it dint; not tears either. It’s all momentary.

Winston Churchill once said, “What goes around, Comes around”. Sorry to say Mr. Churchill the world never returns what you give to it. It’s a hungry, naked, mendicant world out there whose quench can never be satisfied even by the nectar of the sweetest flowers not even by the holy water of the heavens and not even by the blood of the mortals. I have left my fist open, not to let go what I hold in it but to hold the most of what I have got [DCH]. I wrote in my blog “I DESIRE” that the last of the threads are breaking away and I’m clinching on to those last threads. They are on the anvil to break, it’s inevitable, I can’t hold on to them. All I’ll have in my hand and in my life is the part of that thread that remains in my hand, they would go with theirs.

There comes a time in life when the world beckons you, hails you, heralds you but their also comes a time when the world dejects you, rejects you and you, flabbergasted by your fate get into that shell. The shell that is meant to nurture, care, and rejuvenate but this shell is a black hole. It takes away everything from you. Hope, trust, faith, love, friendship and meaning……the meaning of a full moon.


6 comments:

Rishy said...

"I’m vulnerable and few species on earth would definitely know that."

I am the same species as you, and I DO KNOW THIS.

"Connections are a momentary thing, in a moment you realize you have something to do with that other soul and in a moment everything shatters to pieces."

Great Lines Dude - You made me tread memory lane, yet again.

However, what I'd like to say to you are these lines from the title song of Friends...

"Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought down to your knees..."

Just to let you know that sometimes it seems that everything's wrong, everything's not meant to be... But then again, This is Life... Yehi Zindagi Hai..
Zindagi...

I know I might sound like a NO-GOOD-ADVICE-GIVER, but this is what I BELIEVE IN... YES, I DO...

Or rather, what I have learnt, the tough way...

Cheer up dude... Give your readers something that they expect from you, you know, the GIRL-DRINKING-THE-SOFT-DRINK-AFTER-SCHOOL kinda blogs... I think you understood ;)

And haan, you can't beat me at writing random blogs, the ones without the flow kinds...
I AM THE BEST AT THEM :D

Wandering Soul said...

Hey Rishi! gud tht i ws able to touch d cords within. tis is wat i try in my blogs.

""Cheer up dude... Give your readers something that they expect from you, you know, the GIRL-DRINKING-THE-SOFT-DRINK-AFTER-SCHOOL kinda blogs... I think you understood ;)""

if i start doin wat odrs want frm me then wen do i liv 4 myself.if everythin in my life wud be like wat odr want frm me then whr is my own identity. i hav forgot to do things 4 odrs.i rather live 4 myself n be happy n content in d fact tht i do gud 4 myself n praise myself 4 it n i do bad to myself n curse myself 4 it.

""And haan, you can't beat me at writing random blogs, the ones without the flow kinds...
I AM THE BEST AT THEM :D ""

nothin is 4ever Bro!!
u never know wen u wud b left long behind n sum1 has alredy taken over u.its jus a perception n perception differs. We all knw tht but yet we fight to prove ourselves right.....

waitin 4 more!!!

Anonymous said...

I also think everyone has this specific connection with a full moon. Mental patients become hyper, knock on walls; like they wanna shred the whole hospital to pieces.
Me? I cant sleep when there's a full moon. I feel i wanna touch it. Make pics of it.Yes i do get inspired. Yes I do think. Dont we all?
But you know, I think Churchill was right. "What comes around goes around". Eclipses come in certain periods of time. There is no such thing as THE LAST eclipse. There will be eclipses continuously whilst there is a moon and a sun. & the moon does come around.
Btw, Ravi, I found nothing incoherent in ur thoughts. It reads nicely as awhole. I'm telling you that as a reader.
GL!

Wandering Soul said...

Hey Edyta!
U know wat, i was waiting 4 ur coment more than any1 elses. i expected u to tear it apart n giv me d between d lines thing which i dun get while i write.There u r, full moon n d pervert connection ;)
Yeah u r right, eclipses wud definitely b there as long as d moon is there.U know the period from full moon to new moon wen d moon is diminishing n 1 day its jus nt there, we call tht night as "AMAVASYA"; d night of devils n demons.though this period is 4 15 days but tis time its really long n long n stil goin on!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wandering soul,
Good words,spiritual just felt like reading Paulo Cohelo book.
Why does it feel from your blog that you are unhappy. Life is beautiful. In your coming blogs, i want to read how beautiful life is.

Theek hai,
Ur friend, name starts from L guess karte raho

Nayana said...

Loved many lines here and there-
It takes years to bring up a castle of ur dreams and it takes just a second to bring it down. Momentary..yes everything seems momentary just an illusion..
Even I feel a strange connection with the moon and love watching it's different phases..
And it is full moon tomorrow :)