Tuesday, April 03, 2007

THE HARBINGER


There I was standing in front of her door with a bouquet of thorn less pink roses and a big grin on my face. It has been 7 years now, 7 long years of solitude, a self given anathema and a process of purgation. When I had left her, never had I thought how it would be and how I would live it to be but it happened. I don’t know what has brought me to her today.

All this long we were not in touch, never tried to be in touch, distances helped and so did we. It was a promise to her that the day I’ll feel like meeting her I would find her, no matter where she was. This had been my forte. My networking skills are awesome. It all started in freshman days and I excelled in them in my sophomore days. Somehow I knew how to get to people, come what may. Finding your heart is never so difficult.

I’m at the 6th floor of this building in a satellite town and nothing gives a hint of her existence here. But I have no reasons to not to believe my own networking skills. Anyhow I had no options too so had to stick to it. This was the only clue I had got after an extensive research. Standing before that door I felt so dizzy, apprehensive of what lies on the other side. Unaware of what its going to be like and unaware of what it may contrive to be.

With a palpating heart I ring the door bell. I here a few footsteps and bang it opens in front of me. There she is!!! The same mesmerizing face, the same enigmatic, cherubic smile, the same grace and panache-she is an eternal beauty. I fall in love again!!
Pulling her tresses back she looks up at me. ASTONISHMENT!! She couldn’t believe her eyes and even I couldn’t. We were so dumb and numb. We didn’t know what to say and what to start with and where to begin. It was all so startling. She sat there for some time. I wanted to take her hand in mine and feel her presence again but did not have the courage to do so. I was 7 years ahead or rather 7 years far from her. She went inside for a while.


I feel this twitch in my denim and I ignore it as my apprehension. I feel it again and I look down to find this toddler looking up at me with those startling eyes. What a beautiful bonny child. I wasn’t amazed seeing the toddler. 7 years is a long time. People move on and people learn to live. It’s only few morons like me who get stuck in time and lose the flow. It was a happy feeling to see the child. Against the normal tendency of a child he was so friendly and comfortable being with me. I loved him play with me.


While I’m playing with him I see this photo frame of her with a man. I recognize this fellow. It’s him. I’m shocked to death. He was long gone out of lives of everyone, how come he is…….


I can’t believe my eyes. I search the room and there I see their wedding frame. Words lost, dreams shattered, home debacles, life evaded. I was stumbling and barely able to stand. I heard his voice from the living room. I could not face this. I was too weak for this. Rather I was not expecting this.
I had no heart to stay there to see them standing together. I had to leave.


I made an early exit. I was forced to. I would have not taken even a minute to get down to the ground floor. I had no words now. I had done the last thing I wanted to do in my life. The search over, the dream finished, the hope lost, the love dead…….naah!! The love won’t die. This is the reason I lived for 7 years and I think I got to live more.

THE PURGATION IS NOT OVER YET.

3 comments:

Edyta said...

I dont think there is something between these lines. This time i read it straightly: what i see is what my mind gets.
I almost cried. So touching. Beautifully put together. OMG! RAVI! Have mercy on me! I am under the spell of ur writting. LOL.
PS. I asked u to send that pic of u little, but u forgot to. I am still waiting.

Wandering Soul said...

yeah Edyta! tis time thr ws nothin b/w lines. it ws a very straight fwd text.As d title said it ws a harbinger,a forerunner, a premonition, a random thought tht came to me 1 night out of d blue. Just thought it wud go wid the spell of moon.;)
i did send u d snap..N plz see d instructions in d mail.
n i dun think it ws so gud to brin any1 to feel anythin. its just writen without a heart so it cant make a heart feel anythin. dats wat i feel..Its just a thought. dunno!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey wandering soul,
It was light hearted. Good, teri story to nahi hai na.

Chal bye,

Your friend