Saturday, February 03, 2007

QUICKSAND


Ever imagined yourself in a quicksand. You are trying hard to get out of it but the harder you try the more it engulfs you in its abysmal depths. Have you ever imagined that life could be a quicksand of its own? Ever imagined situations that bog you down and you find yourself helpless and hapless. Ever imagined you losing all what you have, when you had secured it in the confines of your heart. Ever imagined yourself being speechless, when there is a whole gamut of emotions within, waiting for the right words to get expressed. Ever imagined a hollow within, a creepy hollow that like a black hole is ready to engulf everything you wish and desire.




Past few weeks saw me in each of these situations. Situations where I was helpless coz I couldn’t do anything for them, they were just beyond my control coz there was someone else on the drivers seat. Situations where I was hapless, jealous of someone else’s fortunes and ready to accept my own misfortunes. Situations which saw me dead in silence coz I was so close to lose something precious and I knew not what I would be doing after that. I had so much to say to chain my fortunes but I could not utter anything to anyone. All these unsaid words were clogging within and choking me to death. The resulting silence was deafening and inexplicable and people around me could not accept it as it was unlikely of the person I’m.



This darkness had to see light of dawn someday and it came but very subtly. I was infused with confidence, trust and faith that at the end of it I won’t be standing alone. I don’t know what it did to me but the result was an outburst of emotions that found words instantaneously. I found myself hand in hand with a companion who was ready to hold my hand in times of despair, ready to lift me when I was bogged down, ready to make me smile when troubles galore. The result; an effervescent smile lingering throughout the day on my nonchalant face. That smile still persists. It comes on its own everyday without a reason coz the reason it needs is embedded within. Nothing can make it leave my face. The reason is strong, the happiness unlimited and the LOVE IS IN AIR.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woh sab toh thik hai...

blog kahan hai...

:P

anyhows, take care...

Anonymous said...

want to know the name of this person ... just curious !

ur flatmate

Anonymous said...

QUICKSAND....well ravi u r a gr8 writer in makin...no doubt about it...i request u do take up writing as a side job....the nation is in need of good writers...as for the piece of work...it is simple yet profund.....everybody has thots but few can give them voice...u r blessed...dont waste ur potential

Anonymous said...

mr ravi.u know u r a gud writer bar bar tarif karwane mein itna maza kyun ata hai.(just kidding).seriously man ,i would suggest 4get mba n choose writing as ur career u will find no competiton.he can express feelings in words wonderfuuly.hats off to his blogs.

Anonymous said...

Your writing is a beautiful piece of art. So harmonical, so serene.
It's been dark here nowadays, not even a glimpse of sunlight. I wish i felt love in the air. The only thing i feel is being grey and being merged into the shineless day.

Anonymous said...

alls well that ends well.. m happy 4u. god bless u!