Thursday, June 29, 2006

STRIKING DISTANCE

I had just sat down to study maths when her phone rang up. I reached for it and it was her on the other side. She couldn’t solve some chapters and needed my help. I was always ready to help anyone. It also meant that I could get her company for hours in these mundane exam days. Without a thought of my own studies and exam I started changing to go to her place. I was putting my whole year at stake but when emotions run high the brain can only sigh.

I reached her place. We sat down to study. But wherever I’m, there can be no studies without fun and laughter. This tells that my concentration power is weak but this also tells that I’m quite humorous and can make people laugh. We were having fun and studying too. It seemed she didn’t need much help; it was only lack of confidence. Well we were sailing through with much ease.

It was going well when all of a sudden this happened. I was sitting on chair and she was sitting on ground. Her t – shirt which had a loose neck just slipped of her shoulder and her strap was visible. I wanted to tell her to check her t- shirt but couldn’t do so. I was feeling shy as well as awkward. The friend in me wanted to tell her but the chivalrous male in me made me reluctant after much tussle I gave up. Later she herself checked it. But all that time I was uncomfortable and feeling difficult to look at her. I think when you like someone it does make you weaker, reluctant and inconfident. My feelings for her had started getting intense and I was feeling like she was the one meant for me. I had started dreaming of her as my wife and my happy married life with her. It would give me immense happiness to see those sweet and sour moments lived with her in those dreams. I would spend hours day – dreaming of her.

This did not last long as soon my commitments and my own career came in between. We had to part ways. Life seemed difficult without her initially but we all are capable enough of living with and without people. It seems difficult from a distance but when it come on you, you just live it with great passion and jest.

2 comments:

Procrastination Sucks said...

read this one as it was small.
hmmm..... what to say ...
just getting curious to read others...
about ur blog . i think i hav also faced somewhat similar experiences at some point of time in my life. but never shared with anyone. u hav opened urself . good job man !

bubble said...

a nice write...
but too personal...
and did not relate meaning to it...
perhaps did not want to...

but love a lots of lines in there and the overall style..
keep it up..