Monday, May 29, 2017

The Shine of Love



Going by the current biological affairs on this earth, I might have just crossed half my life. In this half-life I have been immensely loved and I have loved back and sometimes just loved from my end. Love as my beloved friend says “Love! As You and I Know”

Love as I see today is a lot different from the Love I knew back when I was young. The definition, the composition, the complexity, the simplicity, the feel, the relaxation, the exhaustion and the tranquilities, all are so different.

Has Love changed?
Have I changed?
Has Love for me changed?

Love hasn’t changed. I still see it around the same way.
I have definitely changed a lot and at the same time arrogantly rigid in some.
This is the question I’m really looking and answer for.

The only cost of love is time, which is albeit short these days but that is the only investment it asks. And it asked back then too. But back then we had it plenty. Free or rather devoid from responsibilities and the mad rush for sustenance, we lived with gay abandon. I’m an old school, so extracting those little moments from a day’s grind were wonderful moments of pleasure and ecstasy. That glance, that bunk, that small talk, that small walk, those little snacks, a cup of tea, that short ride, that playful chat, that small celebration, that exam, that result, that smile, that laughter, that shoulder, that palm, that touch and that LOVE!
Now it’s more about being there. Love is felt in spending time together doing daily chores, an evening stroll, a vacation; I guess chit chats are common here, some surprises and a feeling of completeness.  

One thing I find surprising here is that back then I was running away from family for Love and today family is what gives most Love. There is a limited circle of friends which is the other family and then your actual family is the reason of your delight and your feeling of being loved. Every occasion to be together, to have fun, to pull each other legs, to enjoy joys & share miseries, to find reasons to be together and share a light heart.

They say “God gave you relatives; thank god you can choose friends”

It looked right back then, but now it feels how God could go wrong and I have already been wrong so many times. He did it right the first time and all times. We are a family because we are linked by our karma's, we have in some life done things to be born as relatives, and it’s a blessing in disguise. We were meant to be a family. I know we met certain friends because God wanted us to. We had our “business” and then they were gone. The ones who stayed, there is more in store. But we didn’t choose them, God brought them to us.

Love as I know today is not about getting but giving, not leaving but letting go, not whining but toasting wines. I’m still happy with someone not around; I can still laugh with them though not being a part of them, I feel loved still though it feels different. Love like they always said is not bounded by limits, not held by chains, not strangulated in the vacuum of dormant relations, not held captive in only my heart.


Love will shine, may be years after, but the shine of love never fade; all it needs is a little brushing with its quintessential cost, your time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well written ... well discribed...the soul of the write up ... "Love will always ask for time "... is amazing ...everyone knows abut it but seldom realize it....

Sneh said...

I like the fact that you have put God in charge of everything. And very well said about the definition of love. Love never changed. We did. Perspective and expection of responses changed. However, not to deny, you still get and feel love in your own language. A feeling well put!