Monday, February 23, 2015

Kya Wrong Hai Kya Hai Right!


These days I work for US east coast and shift spans from 6 pm IST to 4 am IST. Travelling to office and return to home is quite smooth as I do not face much traffic especially at 4 am. The road is deserted and lonely, so is my adjacent seat and so is the mind. It is at this stretch of the night or morning, if some would like to call it that, that the vagaries of the mind start their interplay.

More often than not, we tend to remember the bad more than the good. So is the human mind, that it flashes the memories of those incidents first where we were at mistake. To spice it up, there are occasional reminisces of good times shared with some of your best and closest pals at different time of your life. Yes, I always believe that relationships have expiry dates and only few stand the “forever”, “ever after” hash tags. Some give you chuckles, some just make you burst in laughter, some make you pensive, some make you introspective and yet some definitely raise that quintessential question “Was I wrong?”
It’s funny at times, to realize years later, that how stupid we were to raise voice on that occasion, get into an argument at that remark, flared up on being mocked, get physically aggressive on disagreements and to always have considered ourselves right. Being blessed with a rather decent memory, such incidents flash up every night while I drive through those lonely deserted roads at blatant speeds just to keep my thoughts left behind. Moron!

Another interesting fact is, if you do not have egos as hard as Hercules shield, more often than not you find that what all wrong you did and said and how different could it have been. You could have had few more friends around, few more meaningful deep and sincere relationships and more tranquil life.

As I come across these flashes, I keep accepting the wrong I did, keep forgiving the wrong of others, keep cherishing the good and keep forgetting the bad. Just to let all of those, who at one point or the other gave me the blessing of their company, get the due share of their credit and the respect, love and friendship that they expected from me, I’m letting you know, I have arrived.

At this juncture, it really doesn't matter, who was right, all that matters, is the fact, that you and I met to spend some great moments and create some great memories. I’m not sure about you, but with the kind of memory I’m blessed with, you shall always remain a part of me.

1 comment:

Sneh said...

The road and the time gave you time for some serious introspection and now that you have reminisced so much and understood your self, its purpose was fulfilled. The shift gave you some really good experience. You had your share of good and bad. You accepted the bad you did intentional or unintentionally and you silently asked for forgiveness and took a decision of becoming a better person instantly. Well, that I call was a highlight for the entire day because you were growing and developing your self. Form of self love.