Sunday, November 09, 2008

I Danced, like I never did before..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am writing after about 8+ months and I don’t know if I still can but nevertheless, sometimes some crap can even taste nice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was uncalled for, unwarranted, yet a strange mix of emotions had compelled me to accept this invitation. It was astonishing that how easily I had accepted it. I had no clue how this will happen yet a force, unparallel, unmatched, had overcome my reasoning and I had just given into it.
The stage was all set…
I move in..
The dance floor was glittering, shimmering and was inundated with numerous divas of the night.
And in the centre, of all those incandescent divas of the night, I could easily spot her. It wasn’t really difficult. You may call me pink blind. She was in a dazzling pink dress. No wonder she looked scintillatingly beautiful, gorgeous, out-of-the-world… I mite just fall short of words :)
I was invited to the floor along with one of my friend…
It was strange, may be I was timid; I couldn’t dance among all those divas around and my friend….a married bloke was hitting the floor hard and the girls just grooving around him. I knew it wasn’t coming. I was off the floor, went to the bar and had few shots. The throat was drenched and the blood had it running with it. I felt I was ready.

I hit the floor again. The beats, the moves, the jigs, the jives, the hops….everything was flowing out as the booze ran through the blood. Soon the tired divas were off the floor and my happy bloke friend too.
She had to oblige me, I was her invite.

The floor was all ours, so was the choice of music. A sly smile and a wink, and the DJ knew what he was mixing next.
She was there, she was in my arms, she was beside me, she was in front of me, she was behind me…yes she was all around me and I around her. We swayed with the music, we bent with the music, we grooved with the music. We had people staring at us, we had people praising us, we had people envying us, we had people blessing us and we had people asking for more… The ambience was great, the music apt and we did all we could.
I DANCED... LIKE I NEVER DID BEFORE….

I shall always remember the night, that dance and yes HER !

13 comments:

modéré said...

and You are back with a Bang!!!! like it... love it.. I'm sure none could've written any better. writing anything anymore would do an injustice to this flawless writing. Welcome back hon :-)

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the way you danced .....

Unknown said...

LOvely....seriously spellbound.it has the rt flow!!!Everywhere.

Sahil Kapoor said...

keep writing u r good man!!!
take care!!

linisax said...

hey...this is an awesome come-back...made me feel I was part of this..I felt I was dancing..the choice of words, the conjuring of images....Perfecto!

keep writing

vishu said...

You write so well.......... it is like a story one cannot stop without reading all...Thanks 4 ur comment on my poem..

vishu said...

Hey another hobby we share, you forgot to mention.....writing......

Unknown said...

one word describes it all, "WOW... dunno dis piece of writing ws in real but it ws realy so so mesmerising.. fer smtime, i jez got into d groove n startd imaginin me n amrish thr :-D so so cool haan, dis blog's realy a bangin one... n must say, "Even i wanna dance, like i never did before" N sometime real soon haan :-)

Procrastination Sucks said...

One thing I can surely say ...
I also wanna dance someday ..... like never before!!

ritu said...

Wow- is an underestimate. :)

T@sneem N@w@b said...

wow... bhaiya that was stupendously fantabulous.. loved it...

Roma said...

It is ROMANTIC....will make sure my hubby reads it ;)

Nayana said...

If this piece is a fiction then that's ok cuz I know a thought that u can never dance will never occur to u :D have seen u dance and can say with conviction that u dance very well!!!