Sunday, July 22, 2007

Walk by the Woods, Hand in Hand!!

It had been long since we last met. Today she was coming to meet me all the way from down south. Little butterflies in my stomach were making me look forward to this meet. It had really been long since I had last seen her face. Her radiant face, full of zeal, enthusiasm, and effervescence that sparkles every face around. A great friend and a great pal. She had been the spirit, the soul, and the heart of my existence. Have seen her bring me through most of my adversaries and has been around through my thick and thins. I love her!!!

The last meet is all I had lived upon all this while. The day always seems too long until I have her by my side. The daily mundane tasks assigned to me by the authorities are a pain until I have her face making me sail through them. The co – workers rather co – inhibitors would have good time in my presence, but they could never fill the void within.
“It always takes an ocean to fill the well in me”

She had come to meet me at my States apartment which was given to me by my company, “Virginia Tech.”. In other words it was a store room apartment. It was packed with all the junk available in the town. It was in complete contrast to my Mumbai apartment where I had just bedding and few of my belongings in a spacious room with a big two door size French windows. It was hard to find a place for her to sit. But she made her self comfortable, may be it was more important that we were together than where we were. We had a good long chat that day, remembering the good old days we had at college and the few good times we spent alone. In the evening I had taken her for a walk down town. She had left me great memories to live all this while. And today we meet again.

As the time nears by for her arrival, I’m getting more anxious and jittery. Somehow the glass between us would make all the difference. I can’t help it, I wish I could……….

Its time and she is here. I’m being taken to the “Guest Room”. There she is, in the most hottest and appealing combination according to me. A crisp white body hugging cotton shirt and blue denims. “Ohh! Heaven! Gimme some more time with her…………………
We sit across each other, the glass between us, and the microphone to our aid. What should I tell her? Words are lost for me. All I can do is, see long in her eyes to draw all my times I had not been with her together. I can’t hold it anymore.
“Officer, I have a request...”
“What is it Mr. Anand?”
“I don’t know if it’s in your discretion, but I think it will be my last wish if I can make any.
Can you by any chance let me out, I want to walk by the woods with her”

“What, ahmmmm, I don’t know if I can do anything bout it,……..wait, lets see……., I would be risking my job, but ahmmmm, I think I would give in to those vibes I see you share with her.”

I see the sky after a month. How great it is to see, that how trivial we are and how miniscule our existence is in front of that vast blue spread. I look at her. There is peace within and a sense of accomplishment. I’m fortunate for this walk. After this everything would be easy, I know that within. I’m beyond my usual questions, what if….., what if not,….had it, ……may be,……, they are lost in her presence. She is too comforting and her face allays all turbulence within.

The woods are silent and the breeze chilly; the birds aren’t chirping and the silence harrowing. May be it’s a harbinger, but who cares now, I have her by my side. Sometimes you talk nothing, sit silent for hours together, and when you part, you feel you had the best conversations ever. Yes, I had it too. One of those which will remain in my heart forever.
“Forever”(chuckle), as if forever lasts for ever.
Time is up, and I have to return. The woods even more silent and the wind even chillier. They definitely tell the tale. She would have to leave; I don’t want her to stay till the end. It would be painful for her.


‘Morifibre’
It’s that one thing you really care about,
The one special thing that means to you more than anything else in this world,
When you find her, you fight for her; you risk it all, you put her in front of everything, your future, your life, all of it.
And may be that doesn’t help her to be….
You know it doesn’t matter,
Because in your heart you know,
That the “JUICE IS WORTH THE SQUEEZE”
”- The Girl Next Door

The cell is sealed. The gas is out.
I’m losing sight………loosing my breath.



“THE BEGINNING”

4 comments:

Edyta said...

"why do all good things come to an end" <-- i realize that's a song by a singer who's voice i despise but the words r true.

it was a very sad story indeed. sometimes i feel that u have finished a philosphical course that u can see things THAT deeply. i love this in ur writing :)

the gas room reminded me of a movie called "schindler's list" if u havent seen it, grab a moment in ur life & watch it. u shall never regret doing that :)

Edyta said...

ravi?
am i boring u with them awards? but u got another one back at my place :)

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Nayana said...

touching post! A Walk to remember indeed for both... I liked the part whr u described their walk in the woods :)
Some ppl r meant to be in ur heart bt not in ur life.. This blog reminds me of that.